Tolland county. This town was sold by the Connecticut colony to Roger Wolcott, Esq. and others, for £510, in the year 1720. It is about 7 miles in length, and 4 1/2 in width. There is an abundance of granite in the town, and good iron ore. The surface is uneven and the soil hard. The Willimantic and other streams give Willington some excellent mill privileges, some of which are profitably improved.—There are about 2,500 sheep in the town. Population, in 1830, 1,305. It is 24 miles N.E. from Hartford and bounded W. by Tolland.