Litchfield county. Warren was taken from Kent, in 1786. It is bounded on the E. by Litchfield and is 38 miles W. from Hartford. The town is watered by Shepaug river, a branch of the Housatonick, and by a large and handsome pond, called Raumaug. Warren is hilly and rocky, and in some parts mountainous. It however produces butter, cheese, beef, pork, some grain, and considerable wool. Population, in 1830, 986.