New Haven county. The surface of this town is hilly and rocky; the soil is coarse, gravelly loam, fit for grazing and the growth of rye. It lies 36 miles W.S.W. from Hartford and 22 N.W. from New Haven. Incorporated, 1807. Population, 1830, 816. The town is watered by Quasepaug pond, which empties into the Housatonick, and furnishes a water power for a satinet factory, and other machinery.