Hartford county. Marlborough was taken from three towns, which belonged to three different counties, in 1803. It lies 14 miles S.E. from Hartford. The surface of the town is hilly and stony, and the lands best adapted for grazing. It has a cotton factory, a bed of black lead, and a good fish pond. Dark hollow, in the western part of the town, presents some wild scenery of more terror than beauty. Population, 1830, 704.