Hartford county. An agricultural township, with a soil of gravelly loam, pleasantly diversified by hills and vales, 17 miles W. from Hartford, and 36 N. from New Haven. Population, 1830, 1,301. It is watered by Farmington river, and was taken from Bristol in 1806. This town has some manufactures, and has been noted for the equality of its inhabitants in regard to property.