Hartford county. This was formerly a parish in Windsor, called Wintonbury. It derived its name from the circumstance of the parish being formed from Windsor, Farmington, and Simsbury; the name Win-ton-bury being a part of the name of each of those towns. It was incorporated into a town in 1835. The inhabitants enjoy a fine soil, and cultivate it with great industry, producing large crops of grass and grain, with an abundance of choice fruit. It lies about six miles N. from Hartford. Population, about 1,400.