New England College Towns
New England was home to the first college in what is now the United States and still today has a higher density of colleges and universities than any other region of the country. Many New England towns are quintessential "college towns."
- Hanover, New Hampshire — Dartmouth College.
- Burlington, Vermont — University of Vermont.
- Castleton, Vermont — Castleton State College.
- Middlebury, Vermont — Middlebury College.
- Middletown, Connecticut — Wesleyan University.
- Norwich, Vermont — Norwich University.
- Amherst, Massachusetts — Amherst College.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts — Harvard University.
- Williamstown, Massachusetts — Williams College.
- New Haven, Connecticut — Yale University.